Monday, November 16, 2009

Big Day

So today has been a BIG day for us because we go to come HOME!! I was surprised last night when the nurse said "you'll probably go home tomorrow" What? It's only been 5 days!! But when Dr. Mooradian did rounds this morning he said that indeed we could go home if we wanted. I was feeling quite anxious about it at first but then I realized that I was probably going to have some anxiety if she came home today or next week. Add to that the fact that it seemed the peds unit was filling up with more sick kids and we all agreed that we really didn't want her catching anything while in the hospital. So here we are at home! Aunt Mandy came and spent the day with Amelia and I got a much needed nap! It was one of the best I've ever had that's for sure. Eric had to go into work for awhile to get some things done but I'm hoping he will be home soon so I can go to the pharmacy and get her pain meds. I don't actually think we'll need to give them to her because she's done pretty well with just tylenol but I want to have it on hand just in case. We are going to go see Dr. Newland on Thursday and then back to the cardiologist in 2 weeks. From there we will see what our long term treatment plan will be but so far she has done absolutely perfectly and we don't imagine that will change at all.

I know I've said it 1,000 times on here but honestly we are so grateful for each and every one of you and for all the prayers you have said and asked your friends and family to say for us. We know that we are so very fortunate to have what we have and really hope that we can pay back what we've been given. We are definitely holding our baby a little closer these days :)

Thanks again!
Amy, Eric, and Amelia

2 comments:

  1. So happy for all of you!! Thanks again for keeping us all posted on this blog.
    Take care and give Amelia a great big hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! That's great news! SO glad you're all home!

    ReplyDelete