Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Go Back

In the words of Kenny Chesney....





I was thinking about music the other day for some reason. I don't even remember what it was now, but it got me thinking about the role music plays in our lives. Eric and I are completely NOT musically talented (although he loves to sing) but we are always listening to music in the car and a lot of times at home too.

Anyway what got me thinking was music describing life. If I had to choose a song to describe life at this moment what would it be? Tough call. As Amelia's first birthday is approaching this kind of hits a chord. "I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow"





I have always loved listening to music. I used to listen to it all night long when I was younger. I couldn't even sleep without it on. My parents always played us all types of music. It's a joke among a log of our friends that Hoodjers know the words to every song. And I really think we probably do. Needless to say I have many many favorite songs. Songs that really do take me back to a different place and time. Make me think about what was happening when that particular song was famous or when I heard it.





This is from the first movie that Eric and I saw together. This song always takes me back to that night. I can probably even remember what I was wearing :) It was such an innocent time when I think about it. Just the two of us. Getting to know eachother. Being together. So much changed in such a short time, but that time in our lives will always hold a special place in my heart.







Clarksville parties. Nothing else needs to be said on that one!



This song was popular when I was a freshman at Luther. Takes me right back to Ylvisaker Hall. Oh my those were some fun days.



Spring Break- Junior Year



Newton party at Jon and Holly's

Clearly I could go on FOREVER :) I just think it's so interesting how music can take you right back to a place in your life that is long over and make it feel like it was just yesterday. I love listening to music and I really hope that Eric and I can expose Amelia to music the way my parents did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment