Monday, October 4, 2010

It takes a village....

Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing this..... why I spend more nights away from my baby and husband than I do with them. Why I'm asking Eric to leave work at 4:00 every day. Putting aside a lot of work that needs to be done in his office and getting behind. Walking into a gym or out of a gym at the end of a game and feeling that so many people doubt me. Doubt every move I make and everything I do.

I didn't see Amelia at all today and probably won't see her tomorrow unless we get home early and she's still awake. Doubtful. She's fine without me and Eric takes great care of her I know that. It's only for a few months out of the year and the rest of the time I'll be picking her up 99% of the time. I can see in so many ways how good it has been for Eric and Amelia to spend so much time together. She just adores him and I can tell the feeling is mutual on his part.

I think maybe I keep plugging away and giving up so much at home because I hope and pray that some day there is somebody who cares that much about MY child. I hope that there is a coach who is willing to give more than they get for Amelia and push her to do things that she didn't think she could. Some days I'm not so sure that what I'm doing is the best, but I know that in my heart I believe in these kids and I know they can do it. I just pray that there is somebody there someday to tell her NO when she wants to quit.

I think the say "it takes a village to raise a child" couldn't be more true. I pray that God guides us to the right village......

2 comments:

  1. Someone once told me...If you're doing a job that will make your child's world better, than it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete