Saturday, November 23, 2013

Long time no see...

So the last time I was here was in March..... how did that happen?  I swear it hasn't been all that long ago, but apparently I was wrong.  I'll give you the 30 second update on us and I promise I'll try to update more often.  Try being the key word.

Biggest change for us.... Baby Lincoln!  He was born Oct. 4th and has been such a perfect addition to our family.  We really are complete now.... REALLY I mean it!  He's a big boy just like Grayson.  We went to the Dr yesterday to check on his thrush (new meds for that) and he weighed 15 lbs 6 ozs.  7 weeks yesterday.  Time is surely flying by.  I love watching the big kids love him.  Sometimes a little too much, but they love to help.  For the most part we've all been adjusting pretty well.

Amelia has been in preschool since September.  She loves it and so do we.  She has learned so much in such a short time- it's amazing.  I spent the morning with her this week at her Thankful party.  It was fun to be back in a preschool classroom again.  I'm pretty sure that I couldn't go back there again long term.  She turned 4 in October and is obsessed with birthdays.  Mainly her's more than anybody else's.  Her best friend at school is Josey.  Seems they have a love hate love relationship b/c once a week or so she comes home and tells me Josey can't come to her party anymore.  She's growing like crazy and is looking forward to Santa coming.  This is the first year we've done Elf on a Shelf and it has been a lovely way to convince them to go to bed :)

Grayson turned 2 in August.  He's still our sensitive loveable guy.  He does everything Amelia does and mostly keeps up with her.  He harasses his sister 1/2 the time and the other 1/2 they play perfectly together.  They really are the best of friends and worst of enemies.  It's so fun to watch them when they are playing nicely together though.  I'm looking forward to Lincoln tagging along in the near future too.  We're starting to attempt potty training.  We'll see how far we get with that.  It might be a project for Christmas break.  Maybe.  He is still beyond obsessed with Star Wars.  He's also loving super heroes as well.  Favorites are Hulk and Iron Man with Captain America thrown in every once in awhile for good measure.

I'm going back to work after Thanksgiving.  I'm anxious to get back into our routine, but worried about how it will go.  I'm sure there will be a few days/weeks of adjustments, but we'll get there.  Somehow we always do :)  After this semester I'll be at the 1/2 way mark of my masters program.  4 semesters left after this.  All in all life is pretty good around here.  Crazy for sure, but good.  We are loving our little family of 5- even if we didn't plan it out that way ourselves :)

 Lincoln at 6 weeks
 Amelia giving Grayson lip gloss :)
 Attempts to get a group picture


 Lincoln and Stella.  3 weeks apart :)




No comments:

Post a Comment