Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Eli and his singing donkey. Amelia not sure about Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!! We hope you all had a great holiday and safe travels wherever you had to go! With the weather forecast Amelia and I decided to head back to Greene on Tuesday and have Eric wait and ride with Lindsey on Christmas Eve. It ended up that the weather was totally fine for travel on both days..... go figure. We were just glad that our entire family was able to celebrate together. We decided to brave the roads and head back to Des Moines on Christmas Day to celebrate with Eric's family. It was pretty icy and crappy until we got to the Boondocks and then it cleared up and the roads were just wet. I was very glad for that. I was starting to wonder if we were going to need to book a room at the Boondocks Inn :)

Amelia enjoyed Christmas I think but maybe had a little too much fun with all the travels. By the time we got home on Christmas night she had been in the middle of an all day melt down but we laid her in her bed and she closed her eyes and went to sleep. I think she missed her bed too :) She got lots and lots of cute clothes from both her Grandmas. She will no doubt be the most stylish little girl in Norwalk! (well besides the Hinders girls of course!) Eric and I were also very blessed with all of our gifts. It was a great way to spend our first Christmas as a family that's for sure.

Yesterday we decided to stay home and work on getting Amelia back into our routine/schedule and I think that worked out pretty well. She slept from 8-4 am and then again until 8 this morning. She's working on fighting her naps today but as of right now is asleep in her crib- we'll see how long that lasts. I did leave her with Eric yesterday afternoon and went shopping to use some of my gift cards. Apparently she really missed me while I was gone and let Eric know about it :)

Today we are just hanging out and watching football. A little later we're going to go help our friends Joe and Kim celebrate their wedding! How exciting. I officially have 1 week of maternity leave left before I go back to work. It's crazy to think about but I do think I'm ready to go back. Adult interaction is always nice to have!




No comments:

Post a Comment