Sunday, December 20, 2009

2 months old!


Amelia's cute Christmas dress from Grandma Londa.
I just thought this was too cute not to share. She looks like a little Ewok from Star Wars I think. I love it.
Amelia loves her Daddy. As soon as he comes home she is watching and listening to him non stop. It's so cute and I just love to watch her watch him :) I think we may have a Daddy's girl on our hands!
Our little Amelia is two months old as of yesterday :) She is growing all the time and it's crazy to see how big she is getting. Some days I swear she grows in her sleep!!! We've been super busy getting ready for Christmas at our house. I think I may even have all of our shopping done- or close anyway! There is always one more thing to buy though :)

This weekend was a busy one in the Updegraff household. On Friday night Aunt Lindsey came over and watched Amelia while Eric and I went to his office Christmas party. It was fun to get out and about and have some adult conversation for awhile. Although everybody was disappointed that Amelia wasn't there but Aunt Lindsey had some quality time hanging out with her I think! We also realized how old we are and were home and in bed before 11.

Saturday morning Amelia, Lindsey and I went and met Jenn and Jack at the indoor farmers market. Amelia woke up after about a 1/2 hour and actually loved being pushed around in the stroller and listening to the music and people. Saturday afternoon we went to Eric's friend Chad's birthday party and met a lot of new people! Saturday night Grandpa Rich watched Amelia while Eric and I went to see the new Avatar movie with Chad and Mindy. I was surprised but I did actually like it- although it was a little weird. I can say however that I'm not a fan of 3d. The glasses really hurt my ears after awhile. We picked Amelia up around 10:30 and had her home and in bed at 11. When I woke up at 6:45 this morning and realized that she hadn't made a sound all night I had a slight panic but after a quick check on her I saw she was sleeping soundly in her crib.... amazing! We might need Grandpa Rich's services more often :)


Today Amelia and I went and watch the Christmas Contata at Hope Lutheran Church here in Des Moines. Eric's Aunt Tanya is in the choir. It was amazing! Amelia loved listening to the music and had a nice little nap through a lot of it. Tonight we went to Emma Chedester's 2nd birthday party and got to see a lot of friends there too.

Whew.... I'm tired after just read all we did this weekend. Hopefully Amelia is feeling tired as well. She's sleeping now so I'm hoping for another good night of sleep tonight. She's been doing a really great job lately which has been awesome for me for sure. She has however started to move around in her crib. How I'm not sure but I know that I wake up and look in the video monitor and she is no where to be found. I go in and check and she's laying on the other end. I think she does a worm like move and gets herself all turned around. Funny.

We want to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas if we don't get to see you before. Safe travels and I hope this snow holds off for awhile!


No comments:

Post a Comment