Friday, June 11, 2010

Ramblings

"No one ever said it was going to be easy.... they just promised it would be worth it"

I have no idea why, but this quote popped into my head today and it just seems so relevant right now. There seems to be so much going on in life lately- not just ours either but friends and family as well. So much heart ache and pain in so many ways and for so many people that it just seems overwhelming at times. Bad things happening to good people- really good people and you just have to wonder why. I have no answers to life's big questions nor do I think I will really ever but I do think that this quote rings true in so many ways especially as a mom. It's not easy. AT ALL. But so worth it. And not just being a mom either though. Being a wife, a friend, sister, daughter, and teacher. It's easy to get bogged down in daily tasks and forget what's really important. Even in times of uncertainty and pain there are things to be thankful for....

Thankful on Thursday (actually Friday)

1. Good news for the health of a friend. The definition of bad things happening to good people. I am feeling very thankful for the good news inside of some not so great news for them.

2. Glee. I love this show. Actually Eric loves it too :) I look forward to it every week. What is better than a Journey medley? That's right absolutely NOTHING!

3. Sisters. I truly only hope that I am 1/2 as good to them as they are to me. I do not know where I would be in this world without these ladies. I am a better person and mother because of them that much is for sure.

4. Itunes. Seriously I love downloading songs at the push of a button!

5. Good friends that I can pick up with after months apart and it feels like no time has passed at all. It seems like we could walk into Roscoe's with our 21 stamps and pick up where we left off........ those were the days. Cue the song "Glory Days"

Tell me this doesn't put a smile on your face.....

No comments:

Post a Comment