Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sleep

I'm sure you all remember my many posts about sleep and sleep regression (minus the ones from this week when we were sick)..... I apparently hadn't figured out how to read my child's cues. Oops. One day a week or so ago Amelia and I were out until about 8:30 or so. I got home and fed her and laid her in bed waiting for her screaming to start. I waited and waited and then finally went and checked the video monitor. She was passed out and hadn't made a sound. Hmmm I sort of wrote it off as her being extra tired.

The next night we were busy until 8 or so and she wasn't in bed until about 8:30 again. Again she went to bed wonderfully. We started to wonder if we were maybe trying to but her to bed too early so we started moving her bed time about an hour later and ding ding ding she has been going to bed MUCH better than she has in a long time. She had switched her bedtime without us really realizing it and I was trying to force her to bed at her old time- which used to be about 6:30-7. What a relief to be able to lay her in her crib and she's asleep in about 15 minutes. Tonight there was some crying so I went in a fed her another few ounces and she was asleep pretty quickly after I laid her down.

I felt horrible for not realizing this sooner.... poor Amelia Bug, but the good news is we have it figured out now- or until she changes her mind again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment