Wednesday, August 11, 2010

9 months

It is crazy to think of, but 9 months ago tonight we were sitting in a hospital room waiting for Amelia's surgery. It was probably one of the worst nights of my life. She was so hungry but wasn't allowed any food after 12:00. Then we were told her surgery was being moved BACK so she had to wait even longer to eat. Not much worse in life than to hold your screaming starving newborn and not be able to do anything about it!

My brother told me the other day that he remembers the date of Amelia's surgery more than her birthdate and honestly it seems crazier to me that it's been 9 months since surgery than it is that Amelia is almost 1!

It was a crazy scary time and I wouldn't want to go back and do it again for anything but in some sort of way I know that we are stronger people because of it. It taught Eric and I to lean on each other for support and also that our families would be there to help us through anything. We learned that when it comes to babies most of it is out of your control..... I think I'm still learning that one :)

We've come a long ways and I'm sure that there will be more challenges, but in some way I really feel that it is going to be ok. Wherever we go from here we have one another and I know that angels are watching over us!

Please continue to pray for Lane and Rachel. They have a difficult journey ahead of them so please lift them up in your prayers over the next few days/weeks.

I must go to bed now- I honestly have no idea why I'm still awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment