Monday, July 25, 2011

Uncomfortable

Uncomfortable is a good way to describe myself lately, but I suppose this is to be expected. I'll be 35 weeks on Thursday. Yikes! I'm in two places right now.... SO ready to be done feeling so crappy and yet still so NOT ready in so many ways. We still have a lot of work to do around our house to be prepared. I keep thinking though that we weren't ready for Amelia to come either and it all worked out just fine!

Amelia woke up in the middle of the night last Thursday with a fever and has been back and forth with fevers since then. She's got a pretty decent cough to go along with it as well. Add a runny nose and overall not feeling well and you can imagine what kind of mood she has been in most of the time. We're definitely on the tylenol/motrin cycle right now. Today has been probably the worst day as far as her mood. I haven't taken her to the dr yet because I keep thinking she'll kick it on her own. I'm going to give her another night and see how it goes. She needs to get healthy so I can get something done during the day!

This past weekend I had a volleyball camp at UNI so I had to leave REALLY early on Saturday morning. Eric decided to go along with me and thankfully Lindsey was able to stay with Amelia. We got a total of about 3 hours of sleep the night before, but still managed to have a great day. I always forget how much fun I have coaching volleyball until I get to do it again! I know there are lots of people who wouldn't do it with two young kids and maybe I'll change my mind after this year, but I really enjoy myself and it's so fun to work with kids of different ages. I was SO happy that Eric decided to come along with me though. By the end of the day I could barely walk my back and legs hurt so bad. Needless to say I spent a lot of the day sitting in my chair :) In the morning we were in the air conditioned building which was great- the afternoon our pool was in the West Gym. For those of you who know UNI you know this place is definitely not air conditioned! It was still fun though and started to feel a lot more like the start of volleyball with the heat :)

Other than trying to keep Amelia healthy I have been really busy with 3 grad classes I'm taking online this summer. I'm beginning to think I should have maybe taken fewer- but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as one ends this week and then another is ending shortly after that. It also dawned on me today that we are almost 35 weeks now and Amelia was born at 37 weeks. I know every kid is different but the thought that two weeks from now baby boy could be here is both exciting and terrifying!

As far as Amelia goes (minus being sick) she is growing like crazy. It's so fun to be able to be home with her this summer. (but I am looking forward to her return to daycare next month :) She's picking up new words all the time. Eric laughed at me the other night when I said we needed to work on her vocabulary. It just feels sometimes that she doesn't know as many words as she should- and then she walks up and says a sentence and I am proven wrong. New favorite words right now are yuckie, hello, Buzz, Woody, and baby. I'm trying to teach her the names of body parts, but she pretty much stops at nose. Sometimes she will say ears too. Oh my gosh how could I almost forget- her favorite past time at the moment is to brush her teeth. She likes to stand at the sink for as long as we'll let her and "brush". She's mostly playing in the water and every once in awhile putting her tooth brush in her mouth.

Well that's about it I think.... I have some pictures, but they are all on my phone so when I figure out how to transfer those to here I'll share :) Hope you're summers are going well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment