Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Updes Updates

Has it really been since September 3rd since I updated? Wow. I'm actually not surprised though- this whole raising two kids thing is no joke! We have been busy as ever trying to keep up with everything that's going on and it seems the blog has taken a hit :)

Well here are some updates with us...

Grayson is doing great! At his 2 week apt he weight in at 9lbs 15 oz so he had gotten back to his birth weight which is the goal. He was 22 3/4 inches long so he gained about 1/2 inch in just under two weeks. Crazy. We're working on getting some type of schedule down and this week seems to be going better than others. He's been pretty much sleeping in his crib all night (yea!). He's still up every 3-4 hours, but instead of sleeping on the couch with mommy he's going back in his bed. Sleeping in my bed for longer than an hour or less at a time makes me a very happy mommy. I will however be very thankful when he starts sleeping through the night.... one can dream right?

Amelia has decided that since she will be two in less than a month it's time to hit the terrible two's full force. She has been a handful to say the least in the past week or so. Last Saturday Aunt Lindsey came over and spent the day/night with us because Mommy was going to lose her mind! I think she's also just really wanting some extra attention so we've been trying to take her out and do some fun things one on one. She definitely gives me a run for my money with my patience most days though! Despite being a stinker pants sometimes she's still our happy girl and we love her like crazy. She's doing new things and learning every day. She's so much fun to play with. She loves going for walks every night with Daddy. Some days Grayson and Mommy tag along too. She has also decided that every once in awhile she should call me Amy. Tonight she heard me call Eric by his name and then for awhile it was "Eric". She has definitely become a Daddy's girl. Maybe she knows who she can get her way with?? :)

I've been busy coaching volleyball and taking care of Grayson during the day. He gets to come along to practice most days which is fun for the girls to see him, but interesting sometimes for me to get things done. For the most part he is really good at practice and either sleeps or just sits on my lap while I talk to the girls. He has basically been in the gym since day one. He's either going to be a total gym rat or hate us for it! The way he's growing we're going to have to get him a scholarship somewhere to play ball!

Eric has been spending lots of time chasing Amelia around and hanging with both kids when I have a game. I think it's a challenge some nights- especially when they are both crabby, but we are both getting the hang of it. For awhile I was terrified of having them both alone but it's getting easier for the most part. Eric has a trial coming up in October so I'm sure things are going to start getting really busy for him at work. I'm hoping Lindsey can come stay over while he's out of town because I know I'll go crazy on my own for that long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment