Friday, November 25, 2011

Go Figure

Well, I had a Thanksgiving Day post all ready to put up and then the actual day came and all heck broke loose....... I'll fill you in on the details but let's just say I am now even more thankful for Norwalk EMS and my sister Lindsey who will drive over at 12 am to take care of Grayson!

Amelia woke up at 2:30 Thursday morning with a bad cough so she slept in our bed and ended up getting up around 5:30 for the day..... we gave her a neb treatment and she seemed to feel much better so we decided it would be ok to take her to Mandy and Justin's for Thanksgiving. Well she did a 180 and had a total melt down while we were there. She fell asleep in the car on the way home and then went to bed after another neb treatment and tylenol. She woke up around 11:30 crying so we brought her in bed with us and she was just shaking and it seemed like she had the chills so we gave her motrin. In less than 10 minutes after that she started to have a seizure. I yelled for Eric to call 911 while I laid her on the floor. The whole thing was probably under a minute but it was definitely terrifying to watch. I just kept talking to her to let her know I was there and not to be scared. She threw up so I laid her on her side and right after that the cop and ambulance got to our house. We decided to have them take us down to Mercy b/c of her breathing issues on top of the seizure. I called Lindsey and she came over and stayed with Grayson while we were in the ER. We got home around 3 am or so and all passed out in bed. Lucky for me Grayson was up at 6:45 to play :) Eric did take care of Grayson for most of the day and Amelia and I took a very long nap. I also took her to the dr and got her a steroid treatment that seems to have helped. She's been insanely crabby this afternoon but finally tonight ate some pizza and drank gatorade so I'm hoping that means she's on the tail end of the sickness. Thank goodness that it was a few days where I already had time off to stay home and be with her. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll be all healed up at the end of the weekend.

So, needless to say we are counting our blessings again with Amelia. I think she's trying to give me a nervous breakdown before I'm 31! I'm hoping and praying that she never has another one of those seizures but if she does I'm glad we know what to do. I'm pretty impressed with how calm Eric and I managed to stay. I hope that everybody had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends. I know we are hugging our babies extra tonight and every night. Thank goodness for modern medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment