Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Long awaited return...

I'm baaack.... I really really didn't mean to leave my blog dormant for almost 5 months.   My main problem is going to be that I haven't been so great at completing G's baby book and now I have no record of what's happened for the past 5 months.  I'm going to attempt some type of update.  At the moment we are all home on a snow day.  Amelia is crying because I won't lay in her bed and I can hear Grayson attempting to open his door again...

Which leads me to my first update with Gman.  He is now officially in a big boy bed.  After the 3rd week of horrible sleep we decided to try a wild idea and convert his crib into a toddler bed.  He slept the first night all the way through.  He still generally wakes up once a night still, but I can get him back to bed pretty quickly and he'll stay there.  He really likes it and it seems to be a good change so we'll go with it for now.  Naps have definitely taken a hit, but I'll take a good (or semi-good) night's sleep at this point.  He also had his first big boy haircut, which makes him look much older.  I'm missing those baby curls, but it's pretty cute.  He seems to be working on a few teeth so our teething saga continues.  Seems like we've been teething in this house for years.  He's also learned (from Amelia for sure) how to throw a pretty decent fit as well.  Complete with stomping and screaming.  I'm praying that he is easier on us than Amelia, but I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Biggest update for Amelia by far is (drum roll please)..... FINALLY FINALLY potty trained.  Thank heavens.  She worked on it at Maria's for a week or so and then we put her in underwear and she's been pretty great ever since.  I think maybe a total of 3 accidents in the last 2 weeks so I'm feeling pretty good about how she's doing there.  Still pull ups at night, but that's fine with me.  I'm hoping and praying that she can get into the preschool we want in Norwalk.  Turns out I was maybe supposed to get on some sort of waiting list, but I had no idea.  We'll see how that works out.  Other than that she's still the same sassy spunky child.  There are days where she seems to be a grown up and others where she wants to be carried like a baby.  She's had so much fun with dance classes and also taking swimming lessons last session.  Swimming is by far her favorite thing to do.  I messed up her classes this session so I need to try and fix that.  Otherwise she'll be back in the next session.  I'm hoping I can get Grayson into lessons as well.

Eric and I have been busy.  We went on a mini-vacation to Branson at the end of December.  It was really nice and relaxing.  We did a lot of sleeping and a lot of eating.  Which reminds me that I really really need to get back to the gym.  Pretty sure I have put myself in a position to qualify for the Biggest Loser.  I am also taking two classes this term for grad school.  Which makes it difficult to find gym time.  I'm attempting to come up with a schedule.  I need to make a better attempt ASAP.  New goal I believe.  Eric's been working hard.  He and Brian and their friend Joe went to the Cubs Convention a few weeks ago.  They had a blast hanging out.  I think it might be an annual adventure for them.

Well I can hear Amelia telling me that Grayson isn't sleeping after all.  He's playing Barbies in her room.  He's going to make me for that some day :)  I'm going to attempt to add pictures sometime today, but I make no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment