Monday, November 23, 2009

5 weeks old today


This was too cute not to share :)

Today Amelia is 5 weeks old. And what a ride it has been thus far! Swine flu, heart murmurs, cardiologists, surgery, er, colic, refulx...... and those are just the things I remember! We are truly hoping that things will calm down from here on out!

We have been giving her the zantac since Thursday of last week. Some days I think I see a change and others I'm not so sure. I do know that she has not spent another 8 hours screaming at me so I am very happy about that! She spends a lot of her awake time in fussy mode but they tell me that is more a product of her age than colic. So we'll see. She's still on lasix as well. It's funny before going to the hospital for surgery I could not get her to swallow any medication and now she's a pro! I also changed her formula to a sensitive type to see if that helped her fussiness at all. At this point I'm not sold on it but we'll try it for a week and see how it goes. She's getting a little better about sleeping in her crib but we still have both good and bad nights. I just keep thinking that if I keep putting her to sleep in there she'll get it eventually. Seems as if she likes to be held a lot.... who can blame her really?

We go back and see Dr. Newland tomorrow and I have my follow up with the ob. Seems like time is going by fast some days and others it feels as if we're crawling along. Either way things are looking up at the Updegraff household and we obviously have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season! Safe travels everybody!

P.S. 2 years ago today Eric and I went out on our first date :) That is indeed crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment