Friday, March 26, 2010

Thankful on Thursday.... a day late


So I have become an avid reader of blogs. I have no idea where this started or why they interest me so much but they do and I continue to read. Many of them are blogs written by other mom's. I find it very helpful to read about other people and their babies. Especially people I don't know. There are so many times that I have wondered "is this normal" and read about somebody else on the interwebs going through the same thing.....

Anyway back to the point at hand. Many of these blogs have a "Thankful on Thursday" post that they do. Obviously I am a day late on that.... it's clearly Friday, but I thought I'd write a few down anyway and hope to remember to do it next Thursday :)

This week I am thankful for:1. A doctor I trust for both Amelia and Eric and I. It's so reassuring to be able to go to the Dr. and know you will be listened to.

2. A baby who has become a great sleeper. I know that many people are shocked when I tell them she sleeps through the night on a mostly regular basis. Some of this may be luck. Some of it is probably God knowing that I was not going to make it much longer on so little sleep. I think I probably need to take credit for part of it by doing a lot of research and figuring out a system/routine and schedule that works for us and Amelia. I don't think it's completely by accident but I am very thankful for it. Now if we could just convince her to sleep in on the weekends :)

3. Eric. Those of you who know him know wonderful he really is. He works hard and gives so much to everybody around him. I always feel lucky to call him my husband. (cue barfing now :)

4. Spring weather. After this winter.... enough said!

5. Luther College. A place where I really became much of the person that I am today. You can learn a lot in small town Iowa. That will always be like home to me.

Ok these are the top 5 at the moment........ What are you thankful for??

p.s. The picture above is Amelia getting ready for summer w/her new shorts, but trying on those oh so cute boots that I just HAD to buy for her before she was born..... and you guessed it- she didn't wear them. Not even once. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment