Saturday, July 17, 2010

One Year Later

I mean really? A year?? To be honest it feels like Eric and I have been married forever but the wedding doesn't seem like a year ago already, but my calendar tells me that tomorrow it will be a whole year of wedded bliss....

What's that? You don't believe it's all been bliss?? Ok you got me it hasn't all been wonderful but it's all been worth it. I tend to believe that Eric and I have been through more in one year of marriage than many others go through in 5 or 10 or maybe ever. Obviously the biggest change in our relationship was the addition of Amelia which on a side note feels like she's been here forever too :)

Along with Amelia obviously came heart surgery and the recovery and the ongoing health concerns we have with her. There was no way to know a year ago when we said I do that we would so soon after that be faced with the scariest situation of our lives and really I don't know how I would have done any of that without Eric next to me. Handing over that little 3 week old baby (who is screaming bloody murder because she hasn't eaten in 12 hours) to two total strangers as they wheel her away for heart surgery was the most scared I have ever been in my life. I'm hoping and praying that we never have to do that again, but I know that if we are faced with another surgery we will be there together. Which means everything.

Anyway, we're just celebrating low key with dinner at Cheesecake Factory and a night at home watching a movie. Thank goodness for Aunts..... Aunt Lindsey took Amelia for us this morning and Eric and I spent almost the entire day taking a nap. It was wonderful!

Here's to another 50 years together :) This was our recessional song. Every time I hear it I think of how happy I was on that day. It's a good life.

p.s. I had no clue what the actual words were to this song. Not sure it fits the wedding theme but I really liked the beat :) Thanks Aaron and Jon!



Viva La Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment