Last Monday we had a cardiologist appointment for Amelia. We were very happy with everything we found out! Her EKG and Xrays were both wonderful and all her blood pressures were great too. Dr. Mooredian decided that since everything looked so good we wouldn't need to do an echo. I was glad to hear that because I was dreading trying to keep her occupied for the duration of that test! We'll go back in September and do a recheck, but for the time being all is well!
We had the chance to ask the Dr. questions about baby #2 as well, which was very helpful. He told us that if anything looks abnormal on the ultrasound we do in April then he will go in and take a look on the ultrasound to see what he thinks. We did decide that we are going to have this baby at Mercy instead of Lutheran where we had Amelia. We really loved Lutheran and they were very good to us there, but I think we were all in agreement that it would be the best for all of us if we were at Mercy and close to the cardiologist department we love so much! We'll know a lot more after our ultrasound in April about not only the sex of the baby, but also more importantly we should be able to tell if this little one has any of the heart conditions that Amelia has/had. It's funny because we don't really feel nervous about the possibility at all. Obviously we are hoping and praying that this baby will have a completely healthy heart, but we know that we can make it through the alternative as well! Amelia has given us a really good test run :)