Monday, January 16, 2012

Sacrifices

I've been thinking lately about all the things we have "given up" to have our kids.... vacations, parties, nights out, SLEEP, time, money..... did I mention SLEEP! Some days it seems that the focus (for me anyway) turns to all the things I'm missing out on. There are times I wish I could take off with friends and go on a trip or just spend the weekend away without all the preparation and finding babysitters and all that jazz. It never fails however that as soon as this thought enters my brain one of my children will do something that melts my heart and reminds me that I am in fact right where I need to be. There will be time for all those things later but for the moment our most important job is being there for two little people that we brought into this world. And I wouldn't change it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment