Friday, January 20, 2012

Today

I learned that a family I know from my first school had their oldest daughter get seriously injured in a car accident yesterday. I've been thinking about them non-stop since I found out. Such good people and great kids. They always reminded me of my family actually. 6 kids. Laid back family who loves to laugh. Just lots of fun. I just read on facebook that she is doing better so I'm continually praying (and would love you to as well) that her progress continues to be moving forward!

As I was thinking about sending your child into surgery it reminded me of Amelia..... I was just thinking about her heart surgery and how I pray often that we never have to do that again. I don't even know how we got through it at the time. I think blind faith and being completely numb to the actual bad things that could have happened. When she's being particularly difficult of waking me up screaming in the middle of the night I'm often reminded of handing her to a nurse while she screamed her heart out and then seeing her on a ventilator and laying in that bed over the next few days. Man.... that was hard. But here we are now- two years later and you'd never know.

Anyway- no idea why I thought about blogging this random string of incoherent sentences tonight but there ya go- happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment