Monday, July 30, 2012

5.4.3.2.1.... Blast Off

That would be the famous line from Amelia's new favorite show.... Little Einstein's.  The child is obsessed, but I can't say it surprises me at all because we've gone through this obsession with about 100 different shows previously.... Umizoomi, Scooby Doo, Power Puff Girls, Dexter.... the list goes on and on.  I know she watches too much tv, but honestly the way the heat has been this summer it's been almost impossible to do anything else!

Anywho, here are some random thoughts to get you through the day until I am able to sit down and fully complete an actual blog post that has a point or theme.

1.  Grayson is almost 1.  I honestly can not believe it.  Seriously.  He's already a toddler by this point anyway.  He's started to walk and he's learned how to throw a fit (thanks to Amelia maybe??).  He knows what he wants and will not give up until he gets it.  It's a battle of wills many days and I'll readily admit that my will is more often than not already weakened so he will win that battle many days.  He's still that huggable loveable baby though.  Gives smiles and hugs and without a doubt love, love, loves his sister.

2.  Amelia has turned into a child overnight I think.  I mean she's always been a child, but she used to be more of a toddler.  I was just looking through pictures (to finish or maybe start Grayson's first year scrapbook) and even in the last few months she's just lost all that baby fat and gotten taller.  She has good days and not so good days.  On the good days I want to just sit around and laugh with her all day long and on the bad I want to run as fast as humanly possible.

3.  I want to put her in dance in the fall.  Or tumbling.  But mostly dance so she can wear that freakin cute costume.  I'm working on it as we speak.

4.  I started boot camp 3 weeks ago.  I've lost about 5 pounds.  I don't really think it's noticeable at all, but such is life when you start out with so many to lose.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do to stay more active during volleyball, but I need to work on it.

5.  I'm really excited for school to start.  Really I am!  I love the fall and the kids coming back.  Football games.  Volleyball games.  All the excitement.  Just love it.

6.  Sometimes I think about what my facebook status update should be as I'm driving home in the car.  And then I realize that makes me kind of a loser, but then I'm comforted by the fact that my husband joined a guild and plays Star Wars games online.  I'm not quite that bad...... yet.

7.  I want the kids to be Star Wars characters for Halloween.  Refer to #6 please.

8.  Grayson still doesn't sleep through the night with any consistency.  He'll sleep at some point, right?  Please just humor me and say yes.

9.  Speaking of Grayson- the kid weighs over 30 lbs and was 32 inches long at the Dr last week.  SERIOUSLY.

10.  I have to go to bed now so I can get my rear end kicked at boot camp tomorrow.  I'm sure these top ten thoughts will go right down in history as the most important ever read.  I'm thinking of so much more to post and entertain y'all with in the very near future.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  And if you have a good FB status update help a girl out.

No comments:

Post a Comment